This organic swaddle / sleeping bag from Australian ergoPouch can be used as a regular sleeping bag for your baby, or as a snug swaddle with the baby’s arms inside, see image for a demonstration of the alternatives. (Modern) swaddling is very popular in many countries, including Australia. A swaddle is snug and cozy, which is comforting for many babies that struggle to go to sleep, or wake themselves up. It’s important not to swaddle too tight, to allow for healthy hip movement and development, which is an important aspect of the ergonomic design of these swaddle bags. It’s also important that your baby’s arms are only inside the sleeping bag until your baby can turn to its stomach, then the arms should be outside the bag, just open up the poppers!
- One size available, fits 0-3 months.
- Length of sleeping bag: 58 cm from shoulder to foot.
- This thickness, 2.5 TOG, is a warmer variant, suitable for autumn, winter and spring. It’s recommended for room temperatures of approx. 18-23°C.
- Use with only a nappy, or combine with underwear depending on room temperature.
- Poppers in the armholes to help you transition your baby to arms free.
- Arms on the inside (if your baby likes it) until your baby can turn to its stomach, then open up.
- Ergonomic, bell shaped design that allows for important natural leg movement.
- Made of skin friendly, natural and ergonomic fibres that breathe, including all stuffing.
- Keeps your baby warm safely and comfortably, no blankets over the head or kicked off by the feet.
- 2-way zipper for easy nappy (diaper) change.
Fabric: Outer: 95% Organic Cotton/ 5% Elastane. Inner: 95% Bamboo Viscose/ 5% Elastane.
Pattern: Mint Star – white stars on a light blue background.
Care: Gentle Cold Wash. Do Not Tumble Dry. Moderately Hot Iron. Dry Cleanable.